RealClearScience Morning Edition
Saturday, July 23Is Full-Time Work Bad for Our Brains?
- Georgina Kenyon, BBC NewsSearching for Origins of First Americans
- Brian Fagan, SapiensHow and When Did Humans Discover Fire?
- Alex Berezow, ACSHWhy Some Romans Didn't Need Dentists
- Olivia Goldhill, WEFVisualizing the Global Network of Languages
- Amanda Montanez, SAAre We More Honest than Psychologists Thought?
- The EconomistWanted: Drug to Kill Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Lindzi Wessel, StatElectrons Have Potential for Mutual Attraction
- Emily Conover, SNAmazing Chemistry of the Humble Pencil
- Neil Withers, Chem. WorldQuiz: Name the Ten Largest States in the United States!Quiz: Name the Ten Smallest States in the United States!More RCSc: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Feedly | News360 | Inbox
Friday, July 22Why Your Hair, Beard Are Different Colors
- Erin Brodwin, BIAging: The Fish that Lives Fast and Dies Young
- Amber Dance, NatureLichens: 150 Yrs of Textbook Biology Overturned
- Ed Yong, AtlanticWild Birds Come When Called to Hunt Honey
- Jonathan Webb, BBCWater-Bottle Bees Cool the Hive
- Emily Benson, NewScientistMap: Incredible Growth of Megacities
- Bilal Pervez, World Ec. ForumChemists Create a Bizarre Molecule
- Stephen Ritter, C&ENE-Cigs: Far From Harmless, But Very Helpful
- Thomas Hartung, SAThe Stigma of Anal Cancer
- Aimee Swartz, NewsweekWhich U.S. State Is Closest to Africa? Not Florida
- Sean Kane, TI
Thursday, July 21Found: X-Shaped Structure in Milky Way?
- Astronomy NowPlanet Nine May Have Tilted Solar System
- Rebecca Boyle, NewSci.A Debate Over the Physics of Time
- Dan Falk, Quanta MagazineSupervolcanoes May Erupt Surprisingly Fast
- Ross Pomeroy, RCSciNorovirus Hits Republican Nat'l Convention
- Achenbach et al., WaPoFirst U.S. Case of Zika from Local Mosquito?
- Sarah Zhang, WiredThe Bicycle Problem that Nearly Broke Math
- Brendan Borrell, NatureMuseum at the End of the World
- Madeline Bodin, Hakai MagazineTerrifying Dreams Prepare You for Real Life
- Jim Davies, NautilusReligious People Really Do Have More Children
- Alex Berezow, ACSH
Wednesday, July 20That Time We Found Life on Mars
- Ethan Siegel, ForbesThe Strongest Base Ever Made
- William Bergius, Chemistry WorldNecrobiome: There Is No Death with Dignity
- Alex Berezow, ACSHPot Dealers Traced Back 5,000 Years
- Rossella Lorenzi, Live ScienceElectroceuticals: Why I Get My Brain Zapped
- David Levine, SciAmThe Kismet of Basic Science
- Henry Miller, Project SyndicatePro-GMOers Give in to Anti-GMOers
- Julie Kelly, Genetic Literacy Proj.Warming Is Shifting Around Earth's Clouds
- Andrea Thompson, CCMigrant Worker Is China's 'Good Will Hunting'?
- Lu & Hunt, CNNSlavery Changed DNA of African-Americans
- Michael White, PacStd
Tuesday, July 19Medical Journal Wrong to Publish Obama
- Berezow & Hartsfield, LATSit Down, Science. We Need to Talk
- Simon Gandevia, ConversationWho Once Lived on the Largest Lake Island?
- Ross Pomeroy, RCSciA Doomed Black Hole to Set Your Watch By
- Joshua Sokol, NewSci.Placebos May Change Mind and Body
- Sumathi Reddy, Wall St. JournalA Mysterious New Case of Zika
- Maryn McKenna, PhenomenaHow Hummingbirds Prevent from Crashing
- NewScientistSome Large Sea Animals Bigger than Ancestors
- Brian Switek, SciAm'Atomic Memory' Could Store All Books Ever Written
- C. Choi, LSNanogenerator Boosts 'Blue Energy'
- James Urquhart, Chem. World
Monday, July 18Are There Different Kinds of Time and Space?
- Ethan Siegel, SWaB!The Guy Who Left SETI to Talk to Aliens
- Sarah Scoles, WiredThe Psychology of 'Pokemon Go' Haters
- Carl Engelking, The CruxDisaster Machines: Prepping for Armageddon
- W. Cornwall, ScienceEurope Doesn't Care if Poor People Have Food
- Alex Berezow, ACSHZika May Run Its Course in 18 Months
- Nicola Davis, GuardianAlgae Melting Away Greenland Ice Sheet
- Alexandra Witze, NatureThe Last of the Earthquake Predictors
- Mark Harris, NautilusShell Shock: When Science Goes Wrong
- The EconomistI Can't Believe It's Not Science!
- Michelle Minton, RealClearPolicy
Saturday, July 16The Health Risks of 'Manscaping'
- Julia Belluz, Vox'Anti-Vaccine Mafia' Kills Another Child
- Megha Mohan, BBC NewsFive Worst Mike Pence Quotes on Science
- Rebecca Boyle, PopSciWho's More Anti-Science: GOP or Democrats?
- ReasonClimate Change Worse w/o Nuke Power
- Nordhaus & Rothrock, USATIris Scans May Soon Replace Fingerprints
- Eric Niiler, Live ScienceForensic Science Helps the Mummy Return
- Amanda Smith, ABC Sci.Jet Lag Is Worse When You Travel East
- Sara Miller, Live Science'Knockouts' Linked to Parkinson's, Not Alzheimer's
- S. Chodosh, SAGlowing Plants: DIY Biology Harder than It Sounds
- A. Regalado, TR
Friday, July 15How Much of His Ear Did Van Gogh Chop Off?
- Danny Lewis, S'sonianWhat Drives People to Fake a Serious Illness?
- Werner & Willis, ABCBizarre 'Funny or Die' Video Mocks Science
- Alex Berezow, ACSHExplaining the Multiverse to Non-Physicists
- Ethan Siegel, SWaB!How Should We Protect Extraterrestrial Life?
- M. Oman, SapiensAmericans Aren't Paying Highest Prices for Drugs
- The EconomistHalf of All U.S. Food Produce Thrown Away
- S. Goldenberg, GuardianBright Light Accelerates Aging in Mice
- Rebecca Boyle, Nature NewsDucklings: Cute, Fuzzy, Abstract Thinkers
- Mindy Weisberger, LiveSciStinky Sea Lions Inspire Wacky Deterrents
- Craig Welch, NatGeoQuiz: Name the Six Kingdoms of Biology!
Thursday, July 14Does Alzheimer's Begin in Childhood?
- Daniela Hernandez, WSJLife-Threatening Risk of Medical Tourism
- Alexandra Sifferlin, TimeYouth Suicide Rates Have Tripled in Utah
- Kate Wheeling, PacStdBernie Sanders Likes Hot Dogs But Not GMOs
- J. Hamblin, AtlanticYour Emotions Influence Risk Perception
- Henry Miller, ForbesCheating the Citation Game
- Mario Biagioli, Nature News'Pokemon Go' Secretly Teaching Metric System
- M. Nunez, GizmodoLucky Star Lights Up an Icy Wall
- Ken Croswell, NewScientist'Demon Orchid' Looks Like a Yelling Devil
- Jennifer Viegas, SeekerWhy an Eagle Really Grabbed a Kid
- Rachel Becker, Nat'l Geographic
Wednesday, July 13China Rewriting Book on Human Origins
- Jane Qiu, Nature NewsMysterious Human Skulls Sold on eBay
- Conor Gearin, NewScientistThe City Cemetery Is Alive
- Joshua Learn, National GeographicHow Do We Know What Is True?
- Ross Pomeroy, RealClearScienceRise of Narcissism in the Age of the Selfie
- NPRBring Medical School into 21st Century
- Akhilesh Pathipati, StatWhy Synthetic Pot Makes People Act Like Zombies
- C. Nierenberg, LSYour Inner Daredevil-Like Ability
- Michael Price, Science NewsE. Coli in Flour: Another Reason to Cook Your Food
- CBC NewsWhat Dusk, Dawn, & Viagra Have in Common
- V. Greenwood, Atlantic