RealClearScience Evening Edition
Thursday, July 2Parasite Thrives in Chlorinated Pools
- Megan Cartwright, SlateAre There Other Pale Blue Dots?
- Caleb Scharf, NautilusWhy Do Cops Kill?
- Michael Shermer, Scientific AmericanForensic Test Pins Down Time of Death
- Victoria Gill, BBC NewsPhotos: New Zealand's Glowworm Caves
- Christopher Jobson, ColossalIn Negotiations, Crying Helps You Get a Better Deal
- Seriously, Sci?
Wednesday, July 1Conservatives & Liberals Equally Anti-GMO
- Ross Pomeroy, RCSciWas Human Evolution Inevitable?
- Dan Falk, Aeon MagazineDeadly Citrus Bacterium Hacks Insect Behavior
- Jonathan Ball, BBCBlack Death: From Tummy Bug to Deadly Plague
- R. Feltman, WaPoRare Birds Being Loved to Extinction
- Richard Conniff, CosmosHigh Temperature Messing with Sex of Lizards
- Seth Borenstein, AP
Tuesday, June 30What to Do if You Encounter a Bear
- Sara Lentati, BBC NewsDon't Take Toad Toxin Aphrodisiacs
- Megan Cartwright, SlateFemale Flies Expel Sperm and Eat It
- Elizabeth Preston, InkfishGender Differences in Pain Sensitivity
- Moheb Costandi, NatureA Dying Cell's Last Act
- Viviane Richter, Cosmos MagazineMusic a Universal Language? Not Quite
- Dani Cooper, ABC Science
Monday, June 29The Dangers of Disney's Darwin Film
- Philip Ball, The GuardianDon't Believe Evolution? Try Thinking Harder
- T. Lombrozo, NPRGrains Aren't Draining Your Brain
- Alan Levinovitz, Science of UsWhat Is the Speed of Thought?
- Tim Welsh, The ConversationWhy So Many Shark Attacks?
- Brian Clark Howard, Nat'l GeographicWhy Some Flowers Only Smell at Night
- Alex Berezow, RCScience
Friday, June 26Did Life Begin at the Bottom of the Sea?
- Jen Barone, Nautilus7 Surprises from Planetary Flybys
- Jay Bennett, SmithsonianExploring Dark Energy with Robots
- Glenn Roberts, Jr., SymmetryE-Cigs: Here's What the Evidence Says
- Julia Belluz, VoxThere Are Four Kinds of Introversion
- Melissa Dahl, Science of UsThe Mystery of the Female Orgasm
- Linda Geddes, BBC Future
Thursday, June 25Foods Americans Once Loved to Eat
- Li Zhou, SmithsonianColor-Changing Condom Detects STDs
- Sarkar & Storrs, CNNLasers Can Burn Away Mental Illness
- Nick Stockton, WiredAnti-Pest GMO Wheat Fails Field Trial
- Daniel Cressey, Nature NewsThe Fastest Swim Stroke Yet?
- Regan Penaluna, NautilusComet Metal Rained Down on Mars
- Ian O'Neill, Discovery News
Wednesday, June 24Age of Delivery Drones Is Here
- Carl Engelking, Drone 360Mass Shootings Are Preventable
- David Frum, The AtlanticLake Mead Sinks to Record Low
- Caitlin McGlade, Arizona RepublicThe Key to How Parrots Talk
- TelegraphHow Do Mosquitoes Survive Raindrops?
- Robert Krulwich, NatGeoDid Watson & Crick Really Steal Franklin's Data?
- M. Cobb, Guardian
Tuesday, June 23A World Without Work
- Derek Thompson, The AtlanticTriple Crescent Moon in the Saturn Sky
- Amanda Kooser, CNET NewsA Wild Ride for Pluto and Its Moons
- Richard Lovett, CosmosIs Science Policy a Theological Matter?
- Roger Pielke, Jr., GuardianA Fruity Alternative to Insecticide
- Ida Steinmark, Chemistry World88 Random Facts You Should Know
- Alvin Ward, Mental Floss
Monday, June 22Ancient Human Was Part Neanderthal
- Jennifer Viegas, D-NewsSingle Gene Can Make Life Multicellular
- Bob Holmes, NewScientistWhy Taxidermy Is Being Revived
- Matt Blitz, SmithsonianCan Formula Milk Be as Good as Breast Milk?
- Jessica Grose, SlateIs Medicine a Scientific Enterprise?
- David Gorski, Sci-Based MedicineHow to Prevent or Fix a Water Crisis
- Nick Stockton, Wired