RealClearScience Evening Edition
Tuesday, August 26Poverty & Crime: Bad News for Social Reformers
- The EconomistNext Pandemic Will Be Nothing Like Ebola
- Wendy Orent, AeonLife Under Ice: Antarctica's Secret Garden
- Douglas Fox, NatureSome Raindrops Fall Too Fast
- Sid Perkins, Science NewsAre Humans Any Good at Pheromones?
- Jennifer Verdolin, SlateWhy Do Fingernails Grow Faster than Toenails?
- Nick Stockton, Wired
Monday, August 25How a Mental Disorder Disappeared Overnight
- Jim Davies, NautilusThe End of Tanning?
- Olga Khazan, The AtlanticParents Think Their Overweight Kids Are Healthy
- A. Sifferlin, TimeThe Fight Against Food Fraud
- Marc Reisch, Chemical & Engineering NewsThe Strange Rise and Fall of a Medical Journal
- Neuroskeptic, DiscoverIs Ecology Explaining Less and Less?
- Erik Stokstad, Science Insider
Friday, August 22A Gene That Makes You Need Less Sleep?
- Maria Konnikova, New YorkerSilence Leads to a Healthier Life & Brain
- Daniel Gross, NautilusYou're Paying for Alternative Medicine
- Jann Bellamy, Science-Based MedIt Would Be Stupid to Ignore a Drop in Human Intellect
- NewScientistLessons from Debating Science with Trolls
- Michael Brown, Conversation14 Facts About How the Sun Will Die
- David Eicher, Huffington Post
Thursday, August 21Genetic Mosaicism: You Contain Multitudes
- Kat McGowan, QuantaMicrobiomes Need Big Dose of Skepticism
- William Hanage, NatureFacebook Isn't Therapy
- Jan-Albert Hootsen, VocativHospices May Be Killing People
- Peter Whoriskey, Washington PostBill Nye Fights Back
- Ryan Bradley, Popular Science
Wednesday, August 20Why Psychiatrists Are Revolting
- Antony Funnell, ABC ScienceThe Complex Causes of Suicide
- Cooke, Gilchrist & McGowan, GuardianGoogle Knows You Better than You Do
- James Carmichael, The AtlanticHow the Human Brain Folds Itself Up
- Clare Wilson, NewScientistWe Need Quick Transition from Fission to Fusion
- Jason Parisi, BotASRock-Eating Microbes in Antarctic Lake
- Irene Klotz, Discovery News
Tuesday, August 19100K Elephants Killed by Poachers in 3 Years
- Brad Scriber, NatGeo'Salmon Cannon' Could Solve Migration Problem
- Josh Dzieza, VergeSea Smells by the Sea Shore
- Benjamin Wolfe, Popular ScienceChildren's Drawings a Clue to Their IQ?
- Miranda Prynne, TelegraphSocial Media Revolutionizing Science
- Richard Van Noorden, NatureUnstoppable March of 'Valley Girl' Accent?
- Chris Stokel-Walker, BBC
Monday, August 18Stop Trying to Teach Critical Thinking
- Dennis Hayes, The ConversationScorpion Venom vs. Cancer
- Stu Borman, Chemical & Engineering NewsThe Worst Shark Week Show Ever?
- Christie Wilcox, DiscoverThe Man with the Missing Brain
- Sanjiv Bhattacharya, The TelegraphNarcolepsy May Be an Autoimmune Disease
- Alex B. Berezow, RCScience