RealClearScience Evening Edition
Friday, April 18The Real Reason We Can't Find Flight 370
- Charlie Campbell, TimeIs the U.S. an Oligarchy? A Study Says Yes.
- Andrew Prokop, VoxWhy Your Dog Is Smarter Than My Baby
- Kate Gammon, Popular ScienceHow Do We Explain The Evolution Of Religion?
- Barbara King, NPRWhy Evidence Often Doesn't Dispel Myths
- Neurobonkers, Big ThinkWhat Lies Beneath the Panama Canal
- Karla Zabludovsky, Newsweek
Thursday, April 17Why Do People See Faces in the Moon?
- Nadia Drake, Nat'l GeographicModern Sharks Aren't 'Living Fossils'
- Tanya Lewis, Live ScienceCan Cloning Resurrect Extinct Mountain Goat?
- Kai Kupferschmidt, Sci.Me, My Genome, & 23andMe
- Austin Hughes, The New AtlantisSpooky World of the 'Numbers Stations'
- Olivia Sorrel-Dejerine, BBC
Wednesday, April 16Beards Might Be Back, But Not for Long
- Anna Salleh, ABC ScienceWhich Foods Will Help You Sleep?
- Jill Adams, Washington PostBlue Energy: Power from the Oceans
- Jeff Tollefson, Nature NewsSevere Scurvy Struck Columbus' Crew
- Dan Vergano, Nat'l GeographicIs Vladimir Putin a Narcissist?
- Joseph Burgo, The Atlantic
Tuesday, April 15Atheists Intuitively Judged as Immoral
- Tom Jacobs, Pacific StandardWhy Do Crazy People Dominate Food Debates?
- Hank Campbell, S2.0You = Environment + Epigenetics + Microbiome
- Ben Locwin, GLPWhy Are Women Likelier to Get Alzheimer's?
- Esther Landhuis, ScienceTree of Life: The Evolution of Evolution
- Johanna Kieniewicz, Brit. LibraryWolves Don't Really Howl at the Moon
- Lance Richardson, Slate
Monday, April 14For a Happy Marriage, Stay Well Fed
- Ross Pomeroy, RealClearScienceHow Cubicles Shape American Work Life
- Rebecca Rosen, The AtlanticEl Nino Could Be a Monster This Year
- Adam Mann, WiredArtificial Blood to Be Created in Factories?
- Tanjil Rashid, TelegraphThe Inventor of Everything
- Ben Popper, The Verge'Big Bird' Neutrino Has Highest Energy Yet
- Celeste Biever, NewScientist
Friday, April 11Stephen Colbert: TV's Best Source of Science
- David Shiffman, SlateHomeopathy Awareness for a Healthy Planet
- M. Marshall, GuardianWhy Aliens and Volcanoes Go Together
- Steve Nadis, NautilusAre Mammograms Worth It?
- Emily Oster, FiveThirtyEightWe Don't Eat Because We're Physically Hungry
- Maria Konnikova, NYer
Thursday, April 10Sweden to Test the 6-Hour Work Day
- Uri Friedman, The AtlanticTamiflu May Not Actually Work
- Ben Goldacre, GuardianEco-Friendly Diapers Made from Jellyfish
- Carl Engelking, DiscoverBabies Remember People They Only Met Once
- Kate Gammon, PopSciSecret of Galaxy's Most Famous Nebula
- Ethan Siegel, Starts with a Bang!A Watch for Blind People
- Chris Stokel-Walker, BBC News
Wednesday, April 9Mother Jones: Anti-Science Conspiracy Mongers
- T. Butterworth, ForbesAntibacterial Soap Helps MRSA Live in Nose
- Rachel Feltman, QuartzEU to Phase Out Subsidies for Renewables
- Lewis & Chee, ReutersRemarkable Self-Organization of Ants
- Emily Singer, Quanta MagazineScience Running Out of Things to Discover
- John Horgan, NatGeoTotal Lunar Eclipse to Darken Moon Next Week
- Joe Rao, Space.com
Tuesday, April 8Aristotle Was Right About Mathematics After All
- James Franklin, AeonSorry, Organic Food Doesn't Lower Cancer Risk
- Hank Campbell, S2.0Should Vaccines Be Mandatory?
- Welch, Bailey, Singer & Reider, ReasonWhy Surgeons Are Studying Rodin's Sculptures
- Amy Kraft, PopSciThe Beauty of Nature's Mistakes
- Kyle Hill, But Not Simpler